Department of Liver and Digestive Sciences (DLDS)The Department of Liver and Digestive Sciences (DLDS) provides comprehensive and dedicated treatment to patients with gastrointestinal, liver, pancreatic and biliary diseases. Our core strength is team of highly trained super specialist doctors from prestigious institutes with expertise in managing wide spectrum of liver, pancreas, biliary, digestive and intestinal problems.
We are equipped with ultramodern/state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic facilities and offer complete range of specialized tests too for thorough evaluation.
The department is also active in field of pediatric gastroenterology to cater exclusive treatment and care for infants and children.
We earnestly aim to deliver best and quality/ world-class treatment to public for all ailments in the field of gastroenterology.
I. Endoscopic procedures
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Variceal band ligation
- Gastric varices glue injection
- Esophageal stricture dilatation
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy
- Pseudocyst drainage
II. Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Diagnostic and therapeutic biliary and pancreatic endoscopic procedures like papillotomy, biliary stenting, pancreatic duct stenting, CBD stone extraction etc.
III. Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
Diagnostic EUS with FNAC for accurate diagnosis of various chest and pancreatobiliary disorders like tuberculosis,sarcoidosis, tumors, pancreatitis etc
Therapeutic EUS for management of Gi bleed, Pancratic cyst drainage,pain management in pancreatic disorders etc.
IV. Capsule Endoscopy
V. GI Physiology Lab
- 24 hour esophageal pH monitoring
- Hydrogen and Lactulose breath tests
VI. Radiological procedures
Interventional radiology for Liver abscess drainage, percutaneous biliary drainage (PTBD) for obstructive jaundisce, stenting of hepatic veins and IVC in Budd-Chiari syndrome, TACE for liver cancer and TIPSS difficult to manage cirrhosis portal hypertension cases.
- We are performing more than 5000 endoscopic procedures every year i.e. UGIE and colonoscopy for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes, including intraoperative endoscopy.
- We are performing more than 200 ERCP every year for diagnosis or management of jaundice or pancreatitis.
- First Hospital in private sector in state to perform endoscopic pseudocyst drainage.
- First Hospital in private sector in state to perform TIPSS for refractory ascites
- First and only setup in private sector in the state providing GI physiology services.
- First and only hospital in private sector in state with well equipped pediatric gastroenterology department and services.
FOR EMERGENCY CASES